The best clinics in Berlin and all over Germany are specialized on traumatology and orthopaedics and offer services in diagnostics and in traditional as well as modern treatment of joint and spine diseases.
Advantages of treatment in Germany:
- long-term experience with foreign patients;
- Application of the most advanced techniques and medical equipment, drugs and newest generation endoprosthetics.
- Multifaceted approach to the therapy of musculoskeletal disorders;
- use of less invasive arthroscopy techniques;
- Creation of individual postoperative rehabilitation programs.
Among all medical services which are demanded a lot in Germany it is possible to choose the following:
- Diagnosis of backbone and joints.
- Removal of spinal disc herniation (lumbar and cervical spine) with endoscopic and microscopic methods
- Laser treatment of spinal disc herniation
- Replacement of hip joints with total endoprosthesis.
- Surgery on anterior cruciate ligament-insufficient knee, including endoprosthetics
- Artificial (ADR) or total disc replacement (TDR)
- Joint replacement after arthrosis of the knee (gonarthrosis)
- Arthroplasty of the joint for hallux valgus or hallux rigidus
Valgus deformation of the toes (Hallux valgus) is more than twice as high in women than men. It is due to the biomechanical instability of feet and to the tight, fashionable shoes with high heels. Uncomfortable shoes can cause pain and change the shape of joints and toes. Other risk factors are age and family history, they can affect both feet – the condition is usually bilateral.
Painful deformation of bones at Hallux rigidus – osteoarthrosis of the first metatarsophalangeal joint can be caused by cartilage injuries, increased pressure on the foot, metabolic condition of bone tissues and inflammations.
This diseases are the most common in the world and therefore a lot of treatment methods and techniques are applied to them. In total there are around 150 different treatment methods. The purpose is to relieve pain, to give back the aesthetic appearance and to restore function.
At different levels of disease the following methods of surgical correction can be applied:
- Exectomy — the most common surgery of Hallux valgus and Hallux rigidus.
- Osteotomy — one more popular operation allowing to restore normal function of the toe or feet
- Arthroplasty is a joint-destructive procedure for elderly patients
- Replacement with endoprosthetics (high-quality artificial implant).