call or send a request
Rehabilitation in Germany – an integrated part of a total treatment: in many respects rehabilitation determines the ultimate success of the therapy.
The following types of rehabilitation in Germany:
The orthopaedic rehabilitation program aims to restore joint mobility and strengthen muscular system in the postoperative period by using special simulators and physiotherapy equipment.
You can return to active life after myocardial infarction, as well as after heart and vessel surgery by performing physical rehabilitation activities by strictly controlled increasing physical activity. Rehabilitation of spontaneous breathing after long-term mechanical ventilation caused by respiratory failures due to severe injuries or surgeries;
Bild: Rehabilitation in Germany
Motor, auditory – verbal, psychological, social and drug rehabilitation after a stroke, severe injuries and operations on brain and spinal cord, as well as cerebral palsy.
After severe sports injuries and operations;
Rehabilitation focuses on optimization of the quality of life of elderly people. Often they have to learn again how to walk, breath, wash and dress. Physicians use rehabilitation to work toward the goal to return the patient to a pre-injury quality of life and may use physical, occupational, and speech therapies.
A rehab program in Germany will be worked out individually due to the disease, age, level of rehabilitation potential and so on. The restoration of disturbed functions occurs naturally by implementing physical therapy, massage, using healing properties of the sea, sunshine and water treatments, mud therapy. These means of rehabilitation aim to enhance and restore functional ability and quality of life to those with physical impairments or disabilities. The return to healthy life is characterized by vitality, positive emotions and happiness.
Basics of rehabilitation medicine
- Early start of rehabilitation (in the first days after a stroke, trauma, surgery, immediately after the detection of cerebral palsy, etc.);
- activities should be systematic and long-lasting;
- complexity, a combination of different methods of rehabilitation, participation of specialists in various fields: rehabilitation medicine specialists, physiatrists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, psychotherapists;
- development of individual rehabilitation program for each patient;
- providing emotional support – condition for successful resolution of patients everyday problems
- Active participation in the rehabilitation of the patient and his family.
The success of the rehabilitation should be considered to the individual as a whole,where all of the various body systems are interconnected but also with mind and spirit. Therefore, methods of treatment and rehabilitation focus primarily on the general health and enhance the human body by treatment of individual organs and systems.